| ISSN No. 1606-7754 Vol.13 No.1 April 2005|
Indices of obesity among type-2 diabetic Hausa-Fulani Nigerians
- World Health Organization. Definition, Diagnosis and classification of diabetes mellitus and its complications. Report of a WHO consultation, WHO; Geneva, 1999.
- Ashwell M, Cole TJ, and Dixon AR. Obesity: new insights into the anthropometric classification of fat distribution shown by computed tomography. BMJ 1985; 290:1692-1694.
- Williams G. Management of non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. Lancet 1994; 343: 95-100.
- World Health Organization Expert committee: Physical status; the use and interpretation of anthropometry. Report of a WHO Expert Committee. Technical Report series 854, WHO, Geneva, 1995.
- Vague J. La differentiation sexuelle: facteur determinant des formes de Lí obesite. Press Med 1947; 55:339-340.
- Vague J. The degree of masculine differentiation of obesities: a factor determining predisposition to diabetes, atherosclerosis, gout, and uric acid calculus disease. Am J Clin Nutr 1956; 4:20-34.
- Sowers JR. Obesity and cardiovascular disease. Clin Chem 1998; 44:1821-1825.
- Akintewe TA, Adetuyibi A. Obesity and hypertension in diabetic Nigerians. Trop Geog Med 1986; 38:146-149.